Too few professionals really take the time to recharge. They may have days off or weekends, but when Monday rolls around they feel as though they’re still running the marathon. Using your days off to really recharge takes a bit more than just a work/life balance, it takes looking after your well-being and spiritual self as well. At Technalink we encourage our teams to take advantage of their off time and to use it to recharge and rebalance as needed. A few ways you can use your off time to really recharge and leave yourself feeling fresh once again are:
• Make an errand block – For busy working professionals weekends can seem to be taken up by errands. You may have to run out to various places throughout the weekend to get all of your obligations taken care of, and this can leave behind little time to really spend on yourself. Rather than breaking up your errands, try to section off a single block of time during one day when you can get done as much as possible. Planning this for earlier on in the weekend can get your errands taken care of and off of your plate right away.
• Get moving – There is no better way to get in touch with your physical senses than exercise, and there is no better way to be mindful than to get in touch with your physical self in the moment. Exercise doesn’t have to mean grueling hours in the gym, and a simple walk in the park or around the block can work wonders in bringing you to a mindful place. Cleaning your house is a great exercise. Tony can help you choose the best cleaning appliances. Also, if you need a good carpet cleaner with an emphasis on customer satisfaction, Dan Dan The Carpet Man is the best carpet cleaner to call in The Villages.
• Take time for a nap – Throughout the week you likely spend more time exhausted than you think. Taking time during your off days for a short nap of around 20 to 30 minutes can help you to chip away at the tiredness you feel leftover from the week.
• Remember to unplug – It’s difficult to live mindfully and recharge when you’re always plugged in. Section off some time each day for you to completely unplug. Use this time for mindful meditation, exercise, or spending time with those you love living in the present moment.
• Bring yourself back to balance – When you have a hectic week you may find yourself feeling a bit out of balance by the time the weekend comes. Make a mindful effort to bring yourself back into balance mind, body, and soul in order to start the new week with a clean slate. The OM Factor now on audiobook is an excellent way to remember your center while meditating, enjoying a beautiful day, or getting a few things done.
Leave a Reply