Today’s business leaders wear a lot of different hats, especially when it comes to leading a company towards success. From marketing to hiring, modern managers will have a lot to do. But at Technalink, one thing that we feel shouldn’t be overlooked is the role of spiritual guide in the workplace.
While it’s important to separate yourself from spirituality and religion to some degree, there is something to be said for soulful leadership. Essentially, the key is being able to promote spirituality and offer guidance to employees while still being their leader. There are plenty of reasons to embrace soulful leadership, including:
- Better communication in the workplace
- Reduced levels of stress for leaders and employees
- Fewer workplace conflicts
- Increased productivity
- Better employee morale and retention
And those are just the key reasons to pay attention to what soulful leadership can do. But how do you go about becoming a spiritual guide without seeming to force beliefs on others? It’s a tightrope act for sure, but one that can lead to greater business success. Here are some of the tips that can help make it much easier.
- Start by introducing your devotion to being a spiritual guide – if needed. This doesn’t require constant pressure on your part. Instead, just making mention of the fact that you support spirituality and that you believe in using it within the workplace is often enough.
- Take steps to show how you use spirituality. For example, when an employee conflict arises, address it with a soulful approach. This can help employees see what you mean by spiritual leadership.
- Provide them with tools like Mala prayer beads. These can serve as spiritual centers, making it easier for employees to ground themselves during periods of high stress and challenge.
- Give employees some time for personal growth and reflection each day. A ten-minute spiritual or meditation break during the afternoon can help with productivity tremendously.
- Take the role of guide or leader instead of ‘boss’. This mindset creates a better way to lead, and helps you assume a more helpful, understanding position while also making it easier to gain respect from employees.
Being a business leader today means making sure to approach everything with the right mindset, and paying attention to spirituality and helping serve employees as a spiritual guide can help make it easier to achieve great things within any business.
Leave a Reply