Spiritual leadership is a journey. It’s something that is always changing, progressing, and getting better over time. At Technalink we encourage all of our leaders to assess their spiritual leadership journey, how far they’ve come, and how far they can go to continue to reach their goals. If you’re looking to improve your spiritual leadership in 2022, 5 ways to get started are:
1. Incorporate mala prayer beads into your training – Introducing meditation to the workplace is an excellent way to spread the compassion and the understanding around to create a more positive company culture. Mala prayer beads are a way for you and your team to guide your meditations, counting your mantras and giving you positive focus. Incorporating these into your training can help meditation to catch on just a bit easier in 2022.
2. Spend more time listening – Too few people listen to listen rather than listen to speak. If you’re focusing on what you want to contribute to the conversation while another party is still speaking, you’re doing just that – listening just to speak. When this occurs, it’s incredibly challenging to really hear anyone and what they’re trying to say. In 2022, spend more time in active listening and give your teams your entire attention.
3. Maintain a better work/life balance – You might not realize it, but spiritual leadership suffers when it’s spread too thin. Working harder isn’t always working smarter, and you do need personal time in order to be the best leader you can be. Women in business often learn this lesson the hard way – the thinner you spread yourself, the less you have to give to those who need it the most. Have “you” time reserved for each day, and use this time to unwind and recharge so you can be your best on your own spiritual leadership journey.
4. Get in tune with your authentic self – Authenticity will always be required if you wish to reach your own full potential. Take time throughout the day to allow your thoughts to simply come to your mind, and observe them rather than change, challenge, or push them away. Getting in tune with your authentic self will tell you a great deal about your personal journey in spiritual leadership. You’ll have an honest idea of your strengths and where you can use improvement.
5. Give trust to your team – It can be hard to truly lead without managing, but in spiritual leadership it is a necessity. A great leader gives trust to their team and celebrates in their ability to reach their full potential as well. Give your team reason to spread their wings and show you just what they can do and celebrate with them when they exceed even their own goals.
Leave a Reply