A compassionate leader is a leader that can grow their team personally and professionally through inspiration, and one that looks at individuals as people with value rather than vessels capable of bringing value into a business. At Techanlink, we feel that compassionate leaders are those who can drive their team on the road to success while providing a worthwhile journey for all involved, and those working with them feel that they’re better people and better professionals simply by going along for the ride. While the business leaders of old may have been told to think with their heads and not their hearts, we at Techanlink find that there is plenty of room for the heart to be involved as well, and that the entire business will be all the better for it.
Some traits found in today’s compassionate leaders are:
- Caring for the person and the professional – It’s all too common for people in an office to be thought of as professionals only, as their human selves are skipped over in favor of what they can provide. A compassionate leader cares both for the personal and professional side of an employee, and wants both sides to grow equally throughout their professional journey.
- Fosters positivity – Compassionate leaders are passionate about fostering an atmosphere of positivity in their business, and creating a place where people can come to work, grow, and learn.
- Values communication – Today’s compassionate leader is a communicator, and wants to foster communication between employees whether sharing ideas or sharing about their weekend. Through communication, a trust and comfort level can be reached that really allows people to grow, and growth can be a wonderful thing for a business.
- Wants to collaborate – Compassionate leaders don’t think of themselves as the head person in charge as much as the think of themselves as an equal asset. For this reason, the compassionate leader will be the leader who wants to collaborate and share ideas with his or her co-workers.
- Exudes passion – A compassionate leader not only has their own passions, but they also have the talent to help others to see their vision as well. By exuding this level of passion, they can make others passionate about their ideas as well, and this allows goals to be met in an easier and more valuable fashion.
Becoming a compassionate leader is becoming a person who can bring value to the lives of the professionals and people they’re working with. Through compassion, these leaders can lead their business on a journey to growth, success, and positivity.
Leave a Reply